HKWC – GENERAL INFORMATION
2nd Announcement: 11th Helen Keller World Conference and the 5th WFDB General Assembly
World Federation of the DeafBlind (WFDB) will host the 11th HKWC and 5th WFDB General Assembly at Gran Hotel Bali in Benidorm, Spain.
FASOCIDE – Federación de Asociaciones de Personas Sordociegas de España
(Spanish Federation of Associations of Deafblind People).
Dates and programme
- 18th-19th of June: Arrival and regional meetings
- 19th of June in the evening: Reception dinner
- 20th – 21st of June: WFDB GA (World Federation of the DeafBlind General Assembly)
- 22nd of June NOLB – “No One Left Behind”
- 23rd of June: Excursion day
- 24th – 26th of June: HKWC (Helen Keller World Conference)
- 27th of June: International Deafblind Day celebration and Helen Keller 50th Death Anniversary
- 28th of June: Departure
There are three different conference fees depending on the length of participation.
- The conference fee for the whole conference, 19th-27th of June is:
– 300 € per person for all participants
The fee includes: welcome reception on the 19th, gala dinner on the 27th, coffee/tea breaks during the meeting days, water during the conference, conference material and excursions on the 23rd
- The conference fee only for the Helen Keller Conference, 24th-26th of June is:
– 150 € per person.
The fee includes coffee/tea breaks during the meeting days, water during the conference and conference material.
The conference fees do not include lunches nor dinners, airport transfers, Visas, vaccinations or any other personal expenses. Room bookings including breakfast, lunch and dinner and airport transportation have to be made separately by the participants. See more information in the section “Venue” later in this document.
- The cost for one day of participation is:
– 50 € including lunch, coffee/tea breaks and water.
Family members who do not participate in the conference have to pay their own costs.
A separate registration form can be downloaded at the WFDB website www.wfdb.eu
The venue for the conference and also for the accommodation is Gran Hotel Bali in Benidorm http://www.granhotelbali.com/en/
The hotel’s rates for conference participants are:
– 85 € for single rooms including breakfast, lunch and dinner
– 60 € per person in twin/double room including breakfast, lunch and dinner
– 78 € for single rooms including breakfast and lunch
– 53 € person in twin/double room including breakfast and lunch
– 50 % discount for per child sharing twin room
– 30 % discount for a third person sharing twin room
The prices are daily. Bookings should be made directly with the hotel using a special form. Information will be available at the WFDB website www.wfdb.eu
Additional to the room booking, it is possible to book airport transportation by bus from Alicante airport to the Gran Hotel Bali through the hotel. The price is 12 € one way.
WFDB will, this time, be able to sponsor participants from member organizations in developing countries through sponsorship from founders. Only one participant with deafblindness with interpreter/assistant per country will be sponsored. If you require sponsorship, please contact WFDB as soon as possible indicating your name and your interpreter’s name and also the travel cost from your country to Alicante.
Spain is part of the Schengen area in Europe. Passport holders from many countries need a Visa to enter. On the website “Schengen Visa services” https://www.schengenvisa.cc/ you can see which countries need to apply for Visas. There is also information about the Visa procedure and what is needed to get a Visa. Be aware that the Visa process can take up to three months in some embassies. You will also need an invitation letter to the conference, so please let us know as soon as possible if you need one.
With the main topic: “Our rights; Our voice; We lead the way” the 11th HKWC 2018 will focus on strengthening human rights, democracy and equality through full and equal inclusion of people with deafblindness in all aspects of the global, regional, national and local society in which we live.
A “Call for application” has been sent out to all organizations and it is also possible to find it at the WFDB website.
Welcome to the 11th HKWC and the 5th WFDB General Assembly 2018
On behalf of Mr Geir Jensen, WFDB President,
Secretary General WFDB
*All questions related to the HKWC should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org